Praise And Worship Team
Household of Faith believe in Revelation 4:11 which says that we are created for God's pleasure to give Him glory, honour and to say how worthy he is to be praised. Hence, we joyfully enter his gates with thanksgiving in our heart and courts with praise at all times.
If you are gifted and talented in music please feel free to join us as we serve in the house of the lord.
Ushering & Protocol Group
This department is made up of committed, God-fearing and loving individuals who are devoted to ensuring smooth running of the church and to minister to people in various ways.
As workers in God's house, we have all been assigned specific roles in the body of Christ, working together with a common goal of serving God and building His kingdom. Our role in the ushering department lie in welcoming all into God's house.
As gatekeepers of the church, we believe in praying, fasting and interceding on behalf of the church and its members. As the first contact, our duty is to see that every member and guest is warmly and lovingly welcome, making them feel part of the wider church community, as well as ensuring that their presence is addressed with thanksgiving.
The purpose of this ministry is to ensure the smooth running of the church by seeking to:
- * Welcoming new members into the church
- * Organising special services such as communion, thanksgiving etc.
- * Keeping records of birthdays and anniversaries
- * Directing people to facilities e.g. toilets
- * Supporting people with special needs, into and out of the church
In our service to God's people, we are ultimately serving Him. All that we do in the ushering department is done with thanksgiving and a willing heart, knowing that we have been given the privilege of being workers in His house. Matthew 25:40 And the King will answer and say to them, Assuredly, I say to you inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren you did to me.
This Department is primarily responsible for providing support to the operations of the Church from a technical and technology perspective. The Department provides service to every other department ensuring their work is make easier and the congregation to have a wonderful worship experience.
Technical Department Vision
The department is a ministry of service and servanthood, bringing out the best in other department from behind the scene.
The Vision of the Technical Department is based on service to others and is found in Philippians 2:3-4 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Based on this, the vision of the Technical Department is to:
“Continually and consistently render an acceptable service to God, while positively impacting the lives of the congregation through technical innovation and creativity, according to the vision and mission of the church”.
The Purpose of the Technical Department
To ensure a successful sight and sound experience for the entire congregation during church services and other church events by:
1. Providing adequate and effective lighting across the church and its facilities to help visibility and enhance video recording
2. Managing the sound production from the Choir and the Ministers to ensure a pleasurable and musical experience for all
3. Recording high quality messages and music
4. Ensuring clear and readable visual presentations
5. Capturing photographic images of memorable moments during the church services and events
6. Streaming live broadcast during church services
7. Developing each member of the department through ongoing training by organising in house training, thereby ensuring that the department is up-to-date with modern and advanced technology.
The Hospitality Department is an arm of the church responsible for the welfare of members.
The Vision of the Welcome & Hospitality Department
This department is a ministry of service and the vision is based on service to others as found in Hebrews 13:2 which says “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels” and Acts 15:36 “Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, “Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they are doing.”
The Purpose of the Hospitality Department
The purpose of the Department are as follows:
1. Welcoming first timers and visitors to the church
2. Follow-up first time worshippers to ensure they identify and participate in House Fellowship
3. Coordinating follow up for 'New Converts' through various channels
4. Coordinating welcome dinner for first time worshippers
5. Arranging Hospital visits, baby showers, etc
God Answers Prayer (GAP)
The prayer team is a gathering of born again Christians who have received special calling in the place of prayers, supplication and intercession. The team supports the pastor and leadership in providing the required prayer cover for the Church. The people that made up this department have a special calling and membership is open to church workers that are available, willing and with burden to intercede for others.
The Vision of the Prayer Department
The Vision of this Department is based on two anchor scriptures:
i. Ezekiel 22:30 “So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one”.
ii. Matthew 18:19-20 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there in the midst of them.”
Based on the above scriptures therefore, the prayer team is better prepared to:
i. Stand in gap for God's people and His Work
ii. Stand in agreement for the requests and concerns of God's people
The Core Values of the Prayer Department
The core values required; for the prayer team to see their vision manifest, are the following: 1. To be passionate James 5:16
2. To be persistent. Matthew 7:7
3. Knowledge and understanding of the word. John 15:7
4. To be selfless. Proverbs 11:25
5. Maintain confidentiality.