Mighty Men of Valour
Inspiring men to be the best they can be. Mighty Men of Valour ministry is an arm of Household of Faith Ministry - City of Truth.
- Motivate every man to mature into the glory of Christ
- Equip fathers to fulfil their priestly office and lead their family to Christ
- Provide counsel, guidance and advice to men in need
- Educate every man to fulfil their God-given mandate to have dominion
- Motivate men to fulfil their role in the home, community and church.
- Help men to be excellent role models
- Promote spiritual growth
- Address issues specific to men
- Plan activities to meet the needs of men
Prayer points for the year
We desire our families to experience love, joy and peace even in the midst of turmoil. We hope for every man who is a husband to love his wife as Christ love His church and gave Himself for her. We embrace healthy lifestyle to enable us fulfil our God-given assignment and purpose with excellence.
- Pray for relationships with our sons to remain positive in every family. Ephesians 6:4 clearly shows a summary of instructions to the fathers which state, "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
- Prayer for men to fulfil their God-given calling as husbands, fathers, priest, king etc. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light
- Pray that we will be able to provide for our families as we depend on the Lord our Saviour who is our main source of supply. 1 Timothy 8:8 If anyone does not provide for his own, and especially his own household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
- Pray for all spiritual and earthly leaders i.e. Pastors, Presidents, Prime Minister, Members of Parliament etc. that they may lead with wisdom and the fear of God. 1 Timothy 2: 1-4 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth
- Pray for our lifestyle to bring Glory to God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
- Pray for all men who are family or Household of Faith Ministry members. Our fathers, young men, sons, brothers, uncle, grandfather etc. that the word of God will dwell richly in all and all would live a life of an overcomer. 1 John 2:13 & 14 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. 14. I write to you, dear children, because you know the Father. I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
- Prayer for the women who are family or Household of Faith Ministry members. Our wives, daughters, sisters, mothers, aunties, grandmother etc. Genesis 2:18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
- Pray for power to overcome temptations of the flesh. 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- Pray that as fathers, we will chose to serve the Lord with all of our households. Joshua 24:15 “Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”
- Pray that God will give fathers the vision and grace to train up children in the way of the Lord. Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- Pray that our children will listen to the instructions from their parents and be obedient to the voice of God. The voice of a stranger they will not hear. Proverbs 1:8-9 “Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck”.
- Pray that we will not provoke our children to wrath instead we will bring them up in the admonition of the Lord. Exodus 20:12 “Honor your father and mother so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.”
If you have a prayer request and need someone to listen or agree with you in prayer, simply get in touch using our contact details on the website.
Join us for our meetings every 3rd Saturday of the month
Next Meet Date: Saturday, 21st of January 2017
Meeting Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Meeting Place: 92 Riverdale Road. Erith